- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- In the center of the mix make a well. Add milk or water to the well and fold the mixture until dough is slightly sticky.
- Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Add cooking oil to a large pan and heat to 350º.
- Dust a rolling surface with flour and coat the dough until the dry flour has been absorbed.
- Roll the dough into a ball and cut into 8 even pieces.
- Roll each into a ball and stretch and flatten into patties that are approx. 4 inches in diameter and about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the flattened dough gently into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown on both sides (approx 1-1 1/2 minutes per side).
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients and let rest for the flavors to meld.
- In a large pan heat butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken to the heated butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken thoroughly through.
- Remove chicken and place on a cutting board.
- Thinly slice the cooked chicken breast and brush with your favorite bbq sauce.
- Return to heat and cook until the bbq sauce begins to caramelize.
Putting your Frybread Taco Together
- Place frybread on your plate
- Later a handful of shredded lettuce on the bread.
- Add chicken
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheese
- Layer with a tablespoon of salsa.