Our Colombia family travel blog will help you plan the ultimate family vacation to Colombia to experience the sights, sounds, food, and culture
Explore Colombia With Our Colombia Family Travel Guide
Colombia has left it’s dangerous history behind and is now one of the world’s top travel destinations. And with endless nature, beautiful cities and incredible art scenes, it’s easy to see why Colombia is one of the most popular destinations in the world!
Exploring some of the best places to visit in Colombia should be at the top of every travel lovers list. Colombian culture is incredible. The history dates back thousands of years and the country has become a melting pot of some of the worlds most incredible people. And from the beaches of Cartagena to the mountains of Bogota, there is no lack of things to see in Colombia for kids.
Tips For Family Travel in Colombia
- Currency in Colombia is the Colombian peso. The average value of the Colombian peso is approximately $0.00033 USD. You can check out the current value here.
- The capital of Colombia is Bogota. This mountain city sits at 2,640 m (8,661 ft). Bogota is famous for its street art and ancient history.
- In Colombia the outlets are type A and B. The standard voltage is 110 V and the standard frequency is 60 Hz.
- Cellular Phone Service
- Cellular phone service is readily available in most urban areas of Colombia. Sim cards are available for unlocked phones.
- Roads, Driving and Public Transit
- Most roads and highways in Colombia are well-maintained.
- Because of the mountainous terrain, it is easy to underestimate the driving time needed between many locations in Colombia.
- It is not uncommon for drivers to speed and pass on turns and blind corners. Drive with caution.
- Colombia with Kids
- Family travel to Colombia is very popular. Colombia takes visitor safety very seriously. In fact it has a seperate police force strictly to ensure the comfort of tourists to Colombia.
Important Words And Phrases To Know When Traveling In Colombia
Like most of Central and South America, the main language in Colombia is Spanish. English is spoken in many of the larger cities and by most tour guides, however, in most neighborhoods and communities, it might be challenging to find locals who speak English.
It’s always helpful to know a few words in the local language whenever you travel to a new destination. So here are a few important Spanish words to know before you visit.
Important Spanish Words To Know:
Thank You: Gracias
Thank You Very Much: Muchas Gracias
You’re Welcome: De nada (It’s nothing)
Please: Por favor
Excuse Me: Perdóneme